This is not just a Champagne cocktail. It is the Champagne cocktail. This rich and boozy Champagne cocktail has a real festive feel to it. With the Brandy and orange making anyone feel like it’s Christmas. Let’s look at how you can have this taste at home.
Ingredients required to make a Champagne Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 25ml of Brandy
- 5 drops of Angostura Bitters
- 125ml of Champagne (You can use Cremant if you want to save a bit of money)
- Orange peel to garnish (optional)
How to make a Champagne Cocktail
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a Champagne glass (A saucer style glass is recommended)
- Put 5 drops of Angostura Bitters onto the sugar cube and let it soak in for a couple of minutes
- Add the Brandy into the glass
- Top up the glass with Champagne
- Float a coin shaped piece of Orange peel to garnish (optional)
What Does A Champagne Cocktail taste like?
Champagne has base citrus aromas combined with tertiary notes of biscuit and bread. Champagne is dry and very acidic. When combined with the sugar cube and Brandy it combines to provide well-balanced fruitiness. The Angostura Bitters levels out the Champagne Cocktail to bring a perfect combination of citrus, sweet and bitterness. Brandy has been used for centuries as a base ingredient to make many of the worlds most popular cocktails.
Alternatives to a Champagne Cocktail
If Champagne or Brandy is not your thing then there are some alternatives to a Champagne Cocktail. For those who like Creme De Cassis try a Kir Royale. Alternatively, a Sparkling French Martini might tickle your fancy.
What is Does Brandy Taste Like?
Brandy is a fruity wine liqueur that has a floral aroma with a combination of fresh and dried fruit and citrus zest flavours. Brandy is aged in oak barrels which gives it body and complexity. Depending what base fruit it has been made from will determine the flavour profile. The most common are cherry, raspberry and apple.
Share this article on how to make a Champagne Cocktail with your family and friends if you found it useful via the links below!
- Champagne CocktailsEasy Champagne Cocktails: Top 5 Christmas Tipples
- Champagne CocktailsBlack Velvet Cocktail – Spice Up Your Stout!
- Champagne CocktailsHow To Make A Kir Royale
- Champagne CocktailsTop Sherry Cocktail Recipes For This Festive Season!
- Champagne CocktailsFrench 75 | A Champagne Cocktail With A Kick!
- Champagne CocktailsEasy Prosecco Cocktail Recipes
Join our mailing list to get exclusive access to our weekly wine offers
20 mixed cases of wine a week on sale at cellar door prices