New York Sour Cocktail
- Preparation – 10mins
- Serves – 1 Person
- Level – Easy
- You’ll need a cocktail shaker, strainer, shot measure and a tablespoon.
- 15ml of Dry, Fruity Red Wine
- 15ml Simple Syrup
- 30ml of Lemon Juice
- 1 Medium Egg White
- 60ml of Rye or Bourbon
- Step 1
First things first – assemble the lemon juice, egg white, simple syrup and bourbon, (or rye), in a cocktail shaker and….shake! This method of shaking before adding ice is called dry shaking. By dry shaking you really froth up the egg white and get the velvety texture you’re looking for in a New York Sour.
- Step 2
Secondly, add ice to the shaker and shake again. Get those arms pumping!
- Step 3
Thirdly, strain the liquid into a chilled tumbler glass.
- Step 4
Then, float the red wine. This is done by pouring the wine over the bottom of a spoon.
- Step 5
Finally, garnish with lemon peel and enjoy your New York Sour Cocktail!
- £14.50Veneto - Italy La Cantina Pizzolato have been practicing organic farming for 40 years. Their facility is also a stunning union of form and function, showcasing both sustainable design and aesthetic beauty. Environmental concerns are key as they look to…
- £18.95Sainte Colombe - Bordeaux Chateau Picoron is owned by an Australian family who have converted the vineyard and wine making practices to being organic. The Kalyk family are on a mission to produce hand made wines which are both high…
- £12.95Piera have been making organic wine since 1998 and are well known in Italy as being some of the best value DOC wines in the country. The recognised quality of Piera wines is the result of everyday hard work founded…
- Champagne CocktailsCucumber Gin Spritz
- Champagne CocktailsNegroni Sbagliato
- Champagne CocktailsKir Royale
- CocktailDulce Espresso Martini Sherry Cocktail
- CocktailMy Sherrgroni
- Champagne CocktailsFino Sherry Cocktail – Maria Sangrienta
- CocktailKansas City Manhattan Sherry Cocktail
- Champagne CocktailsLimoncello Fizz